Monday, November 24, 2008

My happy place relocated. Again.























When did Starbucks become the library and the library become Starbucks? Walk into the library with two fired up kids, no one looks up. Try Starbucks and you'll get twenty pairs of stink eyes peering at you over their lattes. Okay, maybe house blends. Lattes are expensive. But anyway, I've finally found the best of both worlds - Airplay Cafe. It's a little bit rompy; it's a little bit rock n' roll. Perfect. Cereal grab bags for the kids; espresso or pints for parents. Kid entertainment during the day; parental events at night. 

Saturday, I took my little girl to a playdate there with a friend and her mom. There were loads of parents there getting the breakfast on and kids jumping on these big orange bean bag things. We missed the music portion of the entertainment, but that didn't stop my kid and her friend. Soon, they jumped on the stage and became the entertainment. (Check out the end table turned bongo.) Meanwhile, I sat there with my friend sipping tea and having an actual conversation about turkeys. I'd like to spend every Saturday morning like that.

Here's the 411: Airplay Cafe, 701 E. Burnside (down the street from Hippo). There's an actual parking lot too. 503.808.7908. That's Patti, the owner up there working the steam. Get on her e-mailing list rocks because there's always something going on in there. 

No comments: